The planning and zoning regulations in Connecticut were established to direct the development and growth of the State of Connecticut in compliance with its general statutes, in order to foster positive and appropriate interactions between the industrial, commercial and residential areas within the state.
The Purpose of Planning and Zoning Regulations
The purpose of planning and zoning regulations is to nurture the general welfare of the state by encouraging the most suitable use of the land. It aims to preserve the characteristics of an area by eliminating detrimental usage and at the same time utilizing it according to its appropriate function.
The planning and zoning regulations in Connecticut attempt to accomplish these goals by controlling the use of property bounded by the zoning area.
The Responsibilities of the Planning and Zoning Regulations in Connecticut include the following:
• To improve the overall safety, health and welfare of the public
• To preserve forest and agricultural land
• To plan for the advancement of communities in terms of transportation systems
• To develop communities with adequate utilities, highways, recreational and educational facilities
• To acknowledge the need to set a balance between industry, business, mineral resources and agriculture to achieve future growth
• To arrange residential areas in a manner that healthy surroundings are accessible for a positive family life
• To guarantee that public growth is consistent with the economical and efficient use of community funds
• To avoid overcrowding and unwarranted concentration of structures
• To reduce congestion on highways and streets
• To provide sufficient privacy, convenience, air and light to property
The implementation of the planning and zoning regulations in Connecticut is important in regulating the use of land for the mutual benefit of the public. It creates a balance between the interests of the private land owners against the public interest.
Godfrey-Hoffman & Hodge are very familiar with planning and zoning regulations in Connecticut and offer professional consultations to clients with regards to planning and zoning rules that could affect their properties and future projects in Connecticut.
- The purpose of planning and zoning regulations is to nurture the general welfare of the state by encouraging the most suitable use of land.
- The implementation of the planning and zoning regulations in Connecticut is important in regulating the use of land for the mutual benefit of the public.
Image Courtesy of: Freedigitalphotos.net