Architecture and Civil Engineering disciplines are the two things that come to mind whenever someone is looking to initiate a construction project. These two professions work side by side with each other, relying on the aid of one another to complete a task.
Architecture and Civil Engineering professions are similar because they are both involved in the preparation and the creation of structures. However, these two have different set of priorities and perspectives.
To be able to understand their relationship clearly, we must first familiarize ourselves with each profession and identify their strengths and weaknesses.
What is Architecture?
Architecture is a profession or discipline that specializes in the aesthetics and spatial functionality aspects of designing and developing infrastructure projects. They prioritize the look, feel, creativity and functionality of structures.
What is Civil Engineering?
Civil Engineering is a profession or discipline that specializes in the structural elements involved in the designing and developing of infrastructure projects. They prioritize the safety, strength of materials, and the feasibility of the construction project.
Relationship between Architecture and Civil Engineering
• Architects and Civil Engineers work together in designing a construction project. The Architect takes the lead on design, while the Civil Engineer concentrates on the physics involved in the development project
• An Architect increases the exterior and interior look of the structure, while the Civil Engineer finds ways to make sure that the materials used in terms of aesthetics are safe and stable
• The Architect provides the design with proper arrangements for ventilation, lighting, room and facility arrangement, dwelling space and land utilization, while the Civil Engineer finds the contractor or personnel to implement the design, supervise the construction, and maintain the quality of work
• The Architect creates the aesthetic design of the project, while the Civil Engineer creates the design for the foundation, columns, beams, slab, roof and load calculation of the construction work
The relationship between Architecture and Civil engineering is very important. Their communication and coordination with each other defines the quality and safety of the construction work being done.
Civil Engineering firm, Godfrey-Hoffman & Hodge, in Connecticut, maintains the best group of Architects and Civil Engineers that work hand in hand to ensure the best quality result of any construction work that you need.
• Architecture and Civil Engineering professions are similar. They are both involved in the preparation and the creation of structures. However, they have different set of priorities and perspectives
• Architects and Civil Engineers work alongside one another when designing a construction project. The Architect takes the lead on design, while the Civil Engineer concentrates on the physics involved in the development project
Photo Courtesy of: freedigitalphotos.net